Become an Education Member of
the Hockaday Museum of Art
Click on the button to download the mail-in form to include with your generous contribution.
Membership Benefits for Schools & Youth Groups
- Enhancement of art education curriculum, and expansion of cultural activities and experiences currently offered within your school or program
- Free admission for tours and related art activities for all students visiting as a group (Non-member schools charged $25 per visit with limited openings and activities available)
- Free admission for teachers /group leader to preview exhibitions
- Special tours with exhibiting artists
- Scheduling priority – multiple visits encouraged! Our location makes it convenient to combine field trips to other museums, cultural and community buildings.
- Early tour times available by special arrangement (before 10:00 am Museum opening)
- Pre-tour talks and outreach programs at your school or group location
- Consultation with your staff – suggestions, lesson plans and advice on using Museum resources for your benefit
- Art Education Trunks for classroom use ($25 loan fee waived)
- Museum on the Move outreach for 7thgrade (free 1st session)
- Notification re: Weekend workshops for children and adults, summer programs, after school, pre-school and home school classes
- Children's Art Show and New Artists Exhibit – membership required for student participation
- Quarterly newsletters, special event invitations, exhibit schedules, and e-mail notifications
- Membership Certificate to hang in your building
Membership Benefits for Special Needs Adult Groups
- Free admission for tours and related art activities for your visiting group
- Free admission for group leader to preview exhibitions
- Outreach programs and use of Art Education Trunks at group’s location
- Quarterly newsletters, special events invitations, exhibit schedules, and e-mail notifications
To check current membership status or for more information, contact Kathy Martin - Director of Education 755-5268.